- Registration to present/attend in-person or virtually and publish in the (indexed) proceedings/special issues
|Fees||Registration & Payment deadline|
|USD||SR||All participants||Attendance only|
|Student||200||750||15 January 2023||8 February 2023|
|Accompany:||200 USD (750 SR)|
Registration fee covers during the conference days (see Program):
- Welcome reception
- Lunch (each day)
- Rich coffee break (twice a day)
- Gala dinner and folkloric event (more details on Social Program)
- ICES2023 notebook
- ICES2023 bag
- ICES2023 certificate of participation
In addition to:
- Publish (free of charge) in the proceedings and special issues (see Publications).
Please be aware that the registration fee does not cover the accommodation expenses.
Riyadh has a broad variety of hotel options and it is easy to find where to stay on a budget in this city.
Some special hotel room rates have been arranged for ICES2023 (see Partner Hotels). Buses will be provided to take care of transportation from the partner hotels to the conference venue.
If you cannot attend the conference in-person but still wish to have your abstract presented and your work considered for publication in the proceedings and special issues, we offer a virtual presentation option for your convenience. Virtual presenters are expected to record a voice-over PowerPoint (more details will be sent after online registration) and submit the file online (link will be sent after payment of the registration fee by 15 January 2023). Virtual presenters are still required to submit an a short abstract and, if they wish, an extended abstract before the deadlines (see Important Dates), and at least one author must pay the registration fee. Your conference documents will be sent to your email after the conference.
- Registration to publish in the (indexed) proceedings without presenting/attending
- If your extended abstract (short paper) is accepted, it may be published in the conference proceedings by Springer (indexed in Scopus) even if you are not attending the conference.
- In this case, the registration costs must be paid before the deadline of 15 January 2023. The fee covers the costs of the editorial handling and peer-review evaluation of your paper through the conference evaluation system (see Author Guidelines and Publications for more details).
- The accepted work will not be included in the final conference program. Also, note that this work will not be considered for publication in the special issue(s) since it will not be possible to evaluate it based on a PPT or Poster presentation (see “More information” below for more details).
- More information
- To be included in the final conference program, at least one author of each accepted (short) abstract must register online to attend the conference in-person or online and select the payment method before the deadline of 15 January 2023 (see "Payment terms" below for more details).
- To be considered for the special issue(s), one author of each accepted (short) abstract must present the work in-person or virtually to allow our session chairs to evaluate it.
- Publishing the extended abstract in the (indexed) proceedings does not require an in-person or a virtual presentation of the accepted (short) abstract.
- If multiple abstracts by the same first author are accepted for presentation in the final conference program, an amount of 100 USD should be paid for each additional abstract.
- If multiple extended abstracts by the same first author are accepted for publication in the conference proceedings, an amount of 100 USD should be paid for each additional extended abstract.
- It is possible to attend the conference (in-person) without submitting an abstract after registering online and paying the registration fee onsite or online (preferred) by 15 January 2023.
- It is possible to attend the conference (virtually) without submitting an abstract and without paying the registration fee (only online registration is required).
- After online registration, payment should be made online before 15 January 2023 (see Important Dates).
- On completion of your online registration, you will receive an order confirmation (proforma invoice) in order to pay the registration fee.
- Payment of the registration fee can be made via the following methods (only after online registration):
- By bank transfer (the full amount without any deduction should be paid including the bank transfer fees).
- By online money transfer (using a credit card on the ICES2023 Online Payment Platform).
- The registration fee cannot be reimbursed after payment.
- Confirmation of conference registration will only be guaranteed upon paying online (or sending copies of your flight ticket) before 15 January 2023 .
- Final acceptance of your short abstract in the conference program will only occur following online registration and online payment (onsite payment is not possible).
- Final acceptance of your extended abstract in the conference proceedings will only occur following online registration and online payment (onsite payment is not possible).
- If you cannot pay before 15 January 2023 , please ask for an extension by email specifying the reasons: email@example.com.
- If you prefer to pay using bank transfer, the registration fee(s) should be transferred to this account stating the reason for transaction:
Bank Account Name: Saudi Society for Geosciences (SSG)
Bank Name: Alinma Bank
Address: P.O. Box 66674, Riyadh 11586, Saudi Arabia
Reason for transaction: ICES2023 (insert here your registration number)
- Online registration will open after notifying all authors of the accepted abstracts on 15 October 2022.
- Regardless of the type of the participation every participant/attendee has to register online before 15 January 2023.
Types of participation/registration:
- Attend the conference in-person without presenting.
- Attend the conference virtually (online) without presenting.
- Present at the conference in-person and publish in the conference proceedings.
- Present at the conference in-person without publishing in the conference proceedings.
- Present online at the conference and publish in the conference proceedings.
- Present online at the conference without publishing in the conference proceedings.
- Publish in the proceedings without presenting at the conference in-person or online.
- After online registration, online payment should be made before 15 January 2023.
- Online registration will be activated after notification of acceptance (see Important Dates).